Town of Hotchkiss
- Charitable donations may be made at the discretion of the Trustees to any registered secular non-profit corporation or association within the community.
- Applicant must supply a copy of proof of non-profit registration.
- Applications from Organizations that are not registered with the Colorado Secretary of State Office as a non-profit corporation or association are not encouraged, but the Board of Trustees may consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Funding requests from taxing entities will not be considered as charitable donations, but may be considered on their merits by the Board of Trustees on a case-by-case basis.
- Donations to religious organizations will not be considered.
- Donations to and for individuals will not be considered.
- Donations requests are approved only for a single budget year. A new application must be submitted each year.
- All Charitable requests will be submitted on a complete Charitable Request Form obtained from, and returned to, the Town Clerk’s Office at least fourteen (14) days before a regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting.
- Completed Charitable Request Forms will then be referred to the Administrative or Special Committee (if so appointed) who will review the request and make recommendations to the full Board of Trustees based on the following qualifications and guidelines.
- A representative from your organization must appear before the Hotchkiss Board of Trustees in order to present your request and answer questions. If no representative appears, your request may be tabled until a later date.
Review Criteria & Questions
- Weight will be given to projects that have longer-term benefits to the community.
- Weight will be given to the number of Town residents impacted by the project.
- Are there other sources of funding for this project?
- What are the impacts to the Town and its citizens if this request is not funded?
As a condition for receipt of a charitable donation from the Town the recipient organizations shall provided the Town, in a timely manner, with specific documentation (i.e., copies of receipts, or signed letter detailing disbursement) of how the Town’s funding was spent.
Please print the Application out and return it to the Town Clerk
Charitable Donation Application